Thursday, November 14, 2013

Relief - I've finally found a cleansing regimen that is working!

About eight months ago, I found out that my prescription cleanser (Prascion) was discontinued. I figured that if I continued to use the Finacea gel and an over the counter cleanser, things should be fine. As you may have already read, I have tried several different products which seem to work for a while, but generally I have had no luck clearing the redness and papules/pustules. This summer, I began to review my treatment plans from the past and realized that my skin was at its best when I was treating the papules/pustules as adult acne. I was desperate and begged my Dermatologist to prescribe Retin A Micro, which I had used successfully about nine years ago. The insurance company approved and I began using it, but it made me break out horribly, especially on my neck and jaw. Of course, everything I read said that this was just the purging phase and to hang in there. Hang in I did for three months. During this ordeal, my mom was battling a horrific case of stage IV melanoma, and the stress of seeing her suffering compounded my breakouts. Finally, at the end of August, after days of research, I decided to try Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' Cleanser twice a day. It went against everything I have read about Rosacea but it went totally with what I knew would help adult acne. Within a few days, the inflammation in my skin calmed down and the papules and pustules began to clear. I would, however, for a couple weeks afterward, get one or two large pustules on my cheek that would head, burst, begin to clear, then reform. I then decided to add Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' serum every morning while continuing the Finacea nightly. My skin has not been this clear since my last pregnancy eighteen years ago. It isn't dry or oily either. I've been on this treatment regimen now for ten weeks with great success. I am still on my original tube of cleanser and serum, so even though it is pricey, it lasts a while and in my opinion is well worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment