Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hawaiian Pork Roast

This can be made in a slow cooker or oven. Either way, the end result is delicious. You can change the type of pork roast and bacon as well depending on your preferences. Here's what I used...

3 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
8 ounces Applegate Naturals uncured Sunday bacon (from Sprout's Market)
Hawaiian salt to taste (about 1 tablespoon)

Line the bottom of the roasting pan or slow cooker with the bacon. Place the port roast on top of bacon and sprinkle with the Hawaiian salt. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or cook in the oven at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I found your post on Low FODMAP diet on the Rosacea Forum and followed links to your blog. These recipes are a great resource, thank you for sharing. I've been controlling my extreme R. fulminans with diet as well and I think we share similar restrictions and successes. It'd be very interesting to hear more about what's worked for you. It's taken me ~3.5 years to figure out a diet that works for me, seems like this information should be more readily available to suffering folks who find pharmaceutical solutions too risky, prone to cause other problems and relapse.

    Thank you for your posts, I'll be testing out your recipes, very grateful for this resource!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete