Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cashew Cookie "Larabar" Recipe

8 oz seedless, pitted whole dates
1/2 cup whole raw unsalted cashews

Instructions:

Chop nuts in food processor blender until in small pieces. Pulse dates until there are no chunks left. Empty dates into the same bowl with the cashews. With clean hands or a big spoon mix the two together until all the nuts have been incorporated. The ball will be stiff. Place ball in gallon-size ziploc bag. Flatten to about 1-1/2 inch thickness with a rolling pin or your hands and even out sides (to be cut into bars). Refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before cutting.

I store the block in the ziploc bag and cut off the bars as I want them. My first batch was sticky, so I may increase the amount of cashews next time.

Recipe from "The Inner Gourmet"

Nutrition Information

1 comment:

  1. I have been using 1 pound of dates to 1 1/2 cup cashews.

    ReplyDelete