Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fish Oil Spoil

As always, rosacea is an adventure. The ride has its ups and downs, and I've been going downhill for the past two weeks. . . I thought I'd find some success applying my theory that an anti-inflammatory diet and topical treatment would be the ticket. However, the "trigger" factor of some seemingly benign substances continue to confound me. This time the culprit appears to be glycerin or d tocopherol (Vit E). Who knew that fish oil supplements, boasting their 1300mg of anti-inflammatory Omega-3s contain such vexing vehicles of menace? Since discontinuing use of the fish oil supplements, the inflammation has subsided and the skin is beginning to heal. I have included salmon in my diet daily and hypothesize that the Vitamin B-12 must be the key component that has been keeping the inflammation down. We shall see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment